I love a fun Halloween treat that is also super simple. It gives me more time to create more tricks. See what I did there?
There is something very nostalgic about Oreos. Whenever I have one (or many, who am I kidding), it transports me back to childhood when I’d mimic the commercials of kids dunking their cookies into a big glass of cold milk. I want my kids to look back on Oreos with the same enthusiasm. So far, it’s working because we will nab all the sandwich cookies for any holiday.
This little treat makes great use of Oreos and is crazy easy to make.
To Make the Oreo Spiders
- Stuff 3 or more pretzel sticks into the oreo cookies to form spider legs.
- Using a toothpick, dab a little frosting onto the Oreos where the eyes will go.
- Place the candy eyes onto the frosting.
To Make the Oreo Bats
- Twist apart one cookie so that you end up with one “clean” side and one with frosting
- Carefully break the side with no frosting
- Place a half cookie on each side of a whole cookie
- Using a toothpick, dab a little frosting onto the Oreos where the eyes will go
- Place the candy eyes onto the frosting
You’re all set! Let me know if you make these.
The Meryl’s product selections are curated by the editorial team. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.