When I was a little girl, I had a bike accident that caused a major dental issue. I wasn’t allowed to bite hard foods on my front teeth for a long time. Apples were a big no no, and when you can’t have something it makes you want it even more.
Apple slices became my jam and now I prefer slices and bites over whole apples. I think I have a little PTSD and fear about biting into one.
So when I discovered these little mini caramel apple bites, my inner child jumped for joy.
Mini caramel apple bites keep the fun of caramel apples but add a salty, crunchy touch and remove some of the mess. Such a game changer. They’re great for little hands and adults alike and a hit at Halloween parties. Bonus: they’re easy to make.
Let’s Make Them
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Chop apples into bite-sized chunks; sprinkle with lemon juice to keep apples from turning brown and set to the side
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lay out pretzels in a single layer on baking sheet
- Place a caramel or Rolo on each pretzel
- Place in the oven for about 4 minutes or until candy is soft (not melted)
- Push a toothpick/lollipop stick thru one apple piece and push into one pretzel/candy combo
Super easy, right! I love that hands stay clean, and it also feels like I’m eating a bunch when I’m likely eating less than I probably would be with a whole apple. I’m a fan and hope you become one, too. Let me know what you think.
The Meryl’s product selections are curated by the editorial team. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.