Is it really even Fall unless you have a pumpkin-esque beverage? Especially one that is coffee-inspired. I have to admit, it’s my jam. It tastes better with a chunky sweater and boots or a big scarf. But I find that it goes just as well with shorts and a tee and sneakers (cuz...Atlanta). I’m flexible.
What it doesn’t necessarily go with it is my budget. My fave is a pumpkin cream cold brew. The 12-oz version of this at my preferred coffee shop is $4.25. Yowzers!
Luckily, it’s easy enough to make at home so I feel like I'm splurging without the actual splurge. It’s an easy way to upgrade my morning coffee and it’s a visual feast, which I absolutely love. Plus I can modify it as much as I want when making it at home.
Here’s the key making this work:
- Milk that froths. My recipes uses whipping cream and (sugar free) pumpkin spice creamer. If you’re dairy free, try a dairy free half and half, like Silk or Califia Farms pumpkin or vanilla.
- Pumpkin puree. You can buy this in any grocery store. Just be sure to get pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix. The two are not the same. You don’t need much so just refrigerate the rest in an air-tight container. You can add to smoothies or to chili or soups.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice. Sure, you could add all the spices individually. But why when this spice does it all.
- Vanilla syrup. You could use agave nectar or another sweetener. But vanilla syrup adds sweetness and another flavor dimension. I use it in the cream and in my actual coffee.
- Add the whipping cream, pumpkin spice creamer, 2 tbsp vanilla syrup and pumpkin puree to a mason jar.
- Froth or blend until a thick consistency.
- To a separate glass, add ice, cold brew and 1 tbsp vanilla syrup, leaving room at the top for the cream.
- Gently pour pumpkin cream on top.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Refrigerate the remaining cream.
The Meryl’s product selections are curated by the editorial team. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.