Winter weather can be so disrespectful. In the Southeast, one minute it’s frosty, the next it’s no-coat temps. My skin and nails are like WTF! I am a walking cactus. There are a few things you can do to be cute with dry skin but dry lips? No ma’am. You can be kissing your boo or your kids and have them emerge with a paper cut. If you’ve applied your lipstick only to notice scratches on finish, there’s a problem that needs to be addressed.
My entire house was recently sick and the cooties left us with dry and chap lips. I whipped up a quick and easy sugar lip scrub that returned my pout to its kissable state.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Lip balm (I prefer Kiehls Lip Balm #1, but a good ole chapstick will do.)
- Mix everything in a bowl until well-combined
- Apply to your lips with your fingertip and gently scrub until your lips are covered and you can feel any dry flakes start to fall away (no more than 30 seconds)
- Leave on for a minute or so, then wipe off and apply balm
- I like to do this weekly, but it’s safe enough to repeat daily, if necessary
Voila and hallelujah! You have should have pouts that are soft, moisturized and beautiful. (Of course, if your case is extreme, please go see your doc.)
Leave a Comment