When kids cook, they look at food differently. They understand where it comes from, the magic that it can create, and how to make something from relatively nothing. This Food list will have your kids thinking they are big time chefs.
Easy Chocolate Muffins
- Cake mix (I like chocolate)
- 15-oz can puree pumpkin
- Cooking spray
- Muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Combine the cake mix and pumpkin and mix well
- Spray muffin pan or line with muffin cups if you have them
- Place batter in tins
- Bake 9-12 minutes, depending on your oven
- Remove and allow to cool
Ice Cream in a Bag
- 2 sandwich bags
- 2 gallon sized bags
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- Put the cream/half and half, vanilla and sugar in a sandwich bag and seal well, pressing out all the air as you seal.
- Put this bag inside another sandwich bag and seal well.
- Fill a gallon size resealable bag half-way full of ice cubes and mix with 6 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- Put the sealed sandwich-size bags into the middle of the ice and seal the larger bag. Place this bag combo inside the empty gallon
- Shake for 5-10 minutes until ice cream forms. The kids can run, play chase, toss around, whatever to make this go faster.
- Dive in right out of the bag or serve in cups.
Make a Pizza
- Premade crusts or sub rolls or French bread
- Pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- Toppings of your choice
- Wear it out